From: Steve Klabnik on

Yep, that was a 1.9.1 to 1.9.2 change:
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2010/07/11/ruby-1-9-2-rc2-is-released/

- $: no longer includes the current directory

You've got to use relative_require, if memory serves.

From: Steve Klabnik on

The reason I saw cited was that it was causing problems when loading
libraries that were named the same as your program file, for example:

require 'twitter'

in a file called 'twitter.rb', which would be a script you intended to
interact with Twitter.

From: jonty on
Having fun working through the tutorial - It's like _why's back from the
dead!

However when you: require 'popup' it gives the 'you aren't allowed to
run that command'

thought you'd like to know

From: andrew mcelroy on

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 3:55 PM, jonty <jontyjont(a)btinternet.com> wrote:

> Having fun working through the tutorial - It's like _why's back from the
> dead!
>
> However when you: require 'popup' it gives the 'you aren't allowed to run
> that command'
>
> thought you'd like to know

Yeah, It is a pending security issue. We didn't want someone orchestrating a
ddos from try ruby.

Andrew McElroy