From: david.karr on
I'm trying to implement exception handling on operations calling
SVN::Client. I noticed that Error.pm wasn't in my include path, so I
looked for it (I'm on Cygwin), and I found it at the following
locations:

/usr/lib/perl5/5.10/CPANPLUS/Error.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10/YAML/Error.pm

So, I tried setting PERL5LIB to include that first directory. After
adding that, I now get lots of errors, starting with this:

Global symbol "%Config" requires explicit package name at /usr/lib/
perl5/5.10/File/Copy.pm line 106.
Global symbol "%Config" requires explicit package name at /usr/lib/
perl5/5.10/File/Copy.pm line 106.
Global symbol "%Config" requires explicit package name at /usr/lib/
perl5/5.10/File/Copy.pm line 106.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/5.10/CPANPLUS/
Internals/Utils.pm line 9.

My script starts with this:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
# -*- mode: Perl; -*-
use SVN::Client;
use Getopt::Long;
use Error qw(:try);
From: Ben Morrow on

Quoth "david.karr" <davidmichaelkarr(a)gmail.com>:
> I'm trying to implement exception handling on operations calling
> SVN::Client. I noticed that Error.pm wasn't in my include path, so I
> looked for it (I'm on Cygwin), and I found it at the following
> locations:
>
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.10/CPANPLUS/Error.pm
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10/YAML/Error.pm
>
> So, I tried setting PERL5LIB to include that first directory. After
> adding that, I now get lots of errors, starting with this:

Don't do that then :). Those files are modules called (respectively)
CPANPLUS::Error and YAML::Error, not modules called Error. You need to
install Error from CPAN.

Ben

From: david.karr on
On Apr 21, 3:24 pm, Ben Morrow <b...(a)morrow.me.uk> wrote:
> Quoth "david.karr" <davidmichaelk...(a)gmail.com>:
>
> > I'm trying to implement exception handling on operations calling
> > SVN::Client. I noticed that Error.pm wasn't in my include path, so I
> > looked for it (I'm on Cygwin), and I found it at the following
> > locations:
>
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.10/CPANPLUS/Error.pm
> > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10/YAML/Error.pm
>
> > So, I tried setting PERL5LIB to include that first directory.  After
> > adding that, I now get lots of errors, starting with this:
>
> Don't do that then :). Those files are modules called (respectively)
> CPANPLUS::Error and YAML::Error, not modules called Error. You need to
> install Error from CPAN.
>
> Ben

Bleah. Lots of installation errors. I'm going to try a different
tack.