From: Carl on
Hello
I want to turn on/off the backlight in my application function and
the function must follow the Settings->Backlight->(time value in turn
off backlight if device is not used for).
I use RegSetValueEx to change the BatteryTimeout value. but it's
unuseful unless you reset it.
So I search the microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer to find the
method to solve it, someone mentions that
::SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_WININICHANGE, 0xF2, 0) is useful. I
add the codes in my function, but the backlight status is not changed.
Are there some function or api to solve it??
Any suggestion is useful, thanks a lot!!

From: Fabien on
Hi,

You must import and call SetPowerRequirement and
ReleasePowerRequirement from the Windows CE API.

[DllImportAttribute("coredll.Dll")]
private static extern IntPtr SetPowerRequirement(string pvDevice,
PowerState DeviceState, int DeviceFlags, IntPtr pvSystemState, int
StateFlags);
[DllImportAttribute("coredll.Dll")]
private static extern int ReleasePowerRequirement(IntPtr hPowerReq);

There are a lot of examples of implementation on the Internet.

BR

Fabien Decret
Windows Embedded Consultant
C# MCP