From: onkars on

I am a student who is trying to model a parallel hardware architecture for
FFT using a C. My aim is to verify the correctness of my architecture and
also estimate the noise introduced when fixed point is used.

Is there any tutorial/book or any help that can guide me in this process of
C modelling --- and especially for fixed point models?

Thank you.
From: Steve Pope on
onkars <onkar.sarode(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:

>I am a student who is trying to model a parallel hardware architecture for
>FFT using a C. My aim is to verify the correctness of my architecture and
>also estimate the noise introduced when fixed point is used.

>Is there any tutorial/book or any help that can guide me in this process of
>C modelling --- and especially for fixed point models?

Yes. Don't roll your own fixed point types unless you truly
have to. Use the ones in IEEE 1666, otherwise known as SystemC.

You project will go smoother if you use C++ instead of C, but
if you must use C, that will also work.

http://standards.ieee.org/getieee/1666/download/1666-2005.pdf

The fixed point types are described in 7.6 in the above standard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SystemC

See the "External links" section at the end of the Wiki page.

Have fun.

Steve
From: onkars on
thanks Steve.