From: Jacob Skaria on
When you have multiple criteria use SUMPRODUCT()

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10=criteria1)*(B1:B10=criteria2),E1:E10)

If you are using Excel 2007 you can use SUMIFS() to acheive the same result
=SUMIFS(E1:E10,A1:A10,criteria1,B1:B10,criteria2)

'or with cells F1 and F2 holding the criteria
=SUMIFS(E1:E10,A1:A10,F1,B1:B10,F2)

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)