From: Howard Stark on
I am using Quicken Premier 2008 and Windows XP Home.

I have a bank account (HSBC) in which I use three accounts, checking,
savings etc. HSBC requires two passwords to log on with. One is
referred to as a password, the other as a security key. I would like to
use one step update for the account. When I set it up I am asked for
both the security key and the password and all is down loaded just fine
immediately after the setup. When I try it again Quicken asks for a
password I can put in either the security key or the password but the
recent transactions are not downloaded. It is as though Quicken cannot
"remember" one or the other of the required passwords.

Is there a way around this? I am new to Quicken and need help.

Thanks

Howie
From: Mr.Jan on
On Dec 23, 4:51 pm, Howard Stark <hm...(a)cornell.edu> wrote:
> I am using Quicken Premier 2008 and Windows XP Home.
>
> I have a bank account (HSBC) in which I use three accounts, checking,
> savings etc. HSBC requires two passwords to log on with.  One is
> referred to as a password, the other as a security key. I would like to
> use one step update for the account. When I set it up I am asked for
> both the security key and the password and all is down loaded just fine
> immediately  after the setup. When I try it again Quicken asks for a
> password I can put in either the security key or the password but the
> recent transactions are not downloaded. It is as though Quicken cannot
> "remember" one or the other of the required passwords.
>
> Is there a way around this? I am new to Quicken and need help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Howie

I use HSBC. It has been a while since I set it up but when I look at
the vault, it only holds one password. I log in every day though.
Well, it is possible to set this up, I just don't remember how to do
it. I am certain that HSBC tech support can help with this. I find
the individual bank tech support is much more familiar with the
individual quirks of their bank's login. Give them a call.
From: Howard Stark on

From: Bob Wang on
Howie:

Make sure you are using Quicken's Password vault to store your password and
security key.
*IF* Quicken asks you for something else after you've stored your password,
enter your security key.

Bob

From: Howard Stark on
Bob Wang wrote:
> Howie:
>
> Make sure you are using Quicken's Password vault to store your password and
> security key.
> *IF* Quicken asks you for something else after you've stored your password,
> enter your security key.
>
> Bob

Thanks

Howie