From: rpbsr on
I would like to have a booklet comprising two-column pages. The problem is
that I'd like to be able to insert figures the full page width, i.e., that
span both columns. I can do that and have the columns continue from col. 1 to
col. 2 above the figure and col. 3 to col. 4 below the figure. But I'd like
col. 1 to continue around the figure to the bottom of the page before
starting col.2, if this makes sense.
Thanks for your help.

From: Jay Freedman on
Set the text wrapping of the figures to Square and size them to full width.
The text from the top of column 1 will then continue in column 1 below the
figure, and similarly for column 2.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman