From: cawhitaker on
I want to put one of the field names in my database on two lines. Is this
possible?

Example: Client Address City Zip
Name

I know I can do this in Excel, but would like to do it in Access.
Thanks!
From: Jeff Boyce on
While you haven't explicitly said so, I'm guessing you are trying to do this
directly on the table.

An Access table is NOT an Excel spreadsheet. If you try to treat it like a
spreadsheet, both you and Access will end up working overtime ... you
wouldn't expect a chainsaw to work like a hammer, would you?

Access tables store data. Access forms display data.

What you are trying to do is 'piece-of-cake' simple ... in a form! Use the
forms, Luke!

Good luck

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Fred on
In databases, the data (including field names) is a seperate issue from the
display of it. You could create hundreds of different displays of your field
names in reports, forms queries tables, with forms and reports. Forms and
reports are the most common ways to display such, and, in those, you can
format the heaings any way that you want including 2 lines.

From: cawhitaker on

"Fred" wrote:

> In databases, the data (including field names) is a seperate issue from the
> display of it. You could create hundreds of different displays of your field
> names in reports, forms queries tables, with forms and reports. Forms and
> reports are the most common ways to display such, and, in those, you can
> format the heaings any way that you want including 2 lines.

I can't get the field heading to show on two lines in a table without doing
a form or a report. Can I show the field heading on two lines in a table?
From: fredg on
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:30:03 -0800, cawhitaker wrote:

> "Fred" wrote:
>
>> In databases, the data (including field names) is a seperate issue from the
>> display of it. You could create hundreds of different displays of your field
>> names in reports, forms queries tables, with forms and reports. Forms and
>> reports are the most common ways to display such, and, in those, you can
>> format the heaings any way that you want including 2 lines.
>>

> I can't get the field heading to show on two lines in a table without doing
> a form or a report. Can I show the field heading on two lines in a table?

You cannot format a field name or the field's caption (in a table, or
in Form Datasheet View) to display multiple lines.

Listen to what the other two guys have told you.
Use a Form (in Single View or Continuous View) to display table data,
not the table. Tables are for storing data, not for viewing.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
 |  Next  |  Last