From: avk on

Hello friend

Using excel 2003. I have one excel file & in sheet1 i have lot of data.
Data record as per below
column a1 : is header 1 to h1: is header 8
column a2 : application code
column b2 : partno
column c2 : description
column d2 : remark
column e2 : qty

Right now i have search only one base category & one search terms. i.e.
search category : select header3 & search term : piston.

Actually i required two category & two search terms.
For example: If In first search category if i have select "Header 1" &
enter in search term : "02.2115" (applicationcode) & another search
category if i have select "Header 3" & enter in search term : "piston"
(description).
If application is 02.2115 & description is piston, then which partno is
used?

In search (list box) result i want to display
...applicationcode : " "
...partno : " "
...description : " "
...remark : " "
...qty : " "

In view of the above please explain. Hope you will guide me. Thanks.

I have sample attach file

|Filename: SEARCH1.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=151|

avk
From: joel on

I assume you are writing a macro. To enter multiple items in a listbox
you need to set the list box to multi-column not multirow.

To get a box with multiple rows you can do something like this

appcode = "abc"
partno = "123"
Desc = "hello"
remark = "goodby"
qty = 100
msgbox("applicationcode : " & appcode & vbcrlf & _
"partno : " & partno & vbcrlf & _
"description : " & Desc & vbcrlf & _
"remark : " & remark & vbcrlf _
"qty : " & qty)

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Sat, 22 May 2010 20:33:58 +0100, avk <avk.63e3089(a)excelbanter.com> wrote:

>Hello friend
>
>Using excel 2003. I have one excel file & in sheet1 i have lot of data.
>Data record as per below
>column a1 : is header 1 to h1: is header 8
>column a2 : application code
>column b2 : partno
>column c2 : description
>column d2 : remark
>column e2 : qty
>
>Right now i have search only one base category & one search terms. i.e.
>search category : select header3 & search term : piston.
>

>Actually i required two category & two search terms.
>For example: If In first search category if i have select "Header 1" &
>enter in search term : "02.2115" (applicationcode) & another search
>category if i have select "Header 3" & enter in search term : "piston"
>(description).
>If application is 02.2115 & description is piston, then which partno is
>used?
>
>In search (list box) result i want to display
>..applicationcode : " "
>..partno : " "
>..description : " "
>..remark : " "
>..qty : " "
>
>In view of the above please explain. Hope you will guide me. Thanks.
>
>I have sample attach file
>

>+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
>|Filename: SEARCH1.zip |
>|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=151|
>+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

Due to fear of viruses, I rarely download stuff from the web. But your problem
seems to me to be one that could be solved, in principal, by using the Advanced
Filter. In the Criteria Range, you can specify multiple combinations of terms.
--ron
From: avk on

Awaiting for reply.

avk
From: Steve Dunn on
Like most, if not all, of the people helping here, I will not open an
attached file, but your explanation is almost sufficient. Assuming your
criteria are in J1 and L1, and your results are in J2:N2, you could use this
in J2:

=INDEX($A$1:$H$5,MATCH(1,INDEX(($A$1:$A$5=$J$1)*
($C$1:$C$5=$L$1),),0),COLUMN()-COLUMN($J$2)+1)

copied along to N2.

HTH
Steve D.