From: "Ron Piggott" on
I am received the error message:

Unknown column 'title' in 'field list'

from the query below. I am not understanding what I have done wrong. The
goal of the query is with for a RSS feed determining the 15 most current
articles.

Ron

SELECT title, content_date, content, reference FROM ( (

SELECT `page_title`, `last_update`, 'article', `reference` FROM
`user_pages` WHERE `include_in_highlights` =1 ORDER BY `last_update` DESC
LIMIT 15

) UNION ALL (

SELECT `blog`.`entry_title`, `blog`.`entry_date`, `blog`.`entry`,
`blog`.`reference` FROM blog WHERE blog_owners_reference =1 ORDER BY
blog.entry_date DESC, blog.reference DESC LIMIT 15

) ) AS rss_feed ORDER BY rss_feed.content_date DESC LIMIT 15

From: Ron Piggott on
Ok. I have received help and got it fixed. I didn't have the variables
matching the first query. I haven't done a UNION ALL recently. Thanks.
Ron
From: maarten on
Your union creates a table called rss_feed. This table has 4 columns
(page_title, last_update, article and reference) from which you try to
select the unknown column 'title'.

So basicly, exactly what your db is telling you.
If it doesn't make sense, strip the outer select and see what your
subquery returns. That should make it more clear.

regards