From: CJB on
When I bought my S2 on Three's PAYG plan I topped up with £10. I've
hardly used the phone and now my credit is £3.62 - so some how I've
spent £6.38 on next to nothing. I've only made one mobile to mobile
call for about 5 mins, and sent two texts. I guess this is "welcome to
smart phone rip-off billing." I've logged onto My3 and set up an
account for the SIM card - but there is no itemised billing available.
I need to know where (and how) this money has gone please. Many thanks
- Chris Brady.
From: CJB on
On Dec 31, 11:52 am, CJB <chrisjbr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> When I bought my S2 on Three's PAYG plan I topped up with £10. I've
> hardly used the phone and now my credit is £3.62 - so some how I've
> spent £6.38 on next to nothing. I've only made one mobile to mobile
> call for about 5 mins, and sent two texts. I guess this is "welcome to
> smart phone rip-off billing." I've logged onto My3 and set up an
> account for the SIM card - but there is no itemised billing available.
> I need to know where (and how) this money has gone please. Many thanks
> - Chris Brady.

I have just been onto 3 CS and they told me that there is no way
customers can monitor call usage or charges online. Apparently a
printed itemised bill can be sent but at a charge of £10.

What a bl**dy rip-off.

CJB.
From: Steve Wyles on
On 31/12/2009 12:36, CJB wrote:
> On Dec 31, 11:52 am, CJB<chrisjbr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> When I bought my S2 on Three's PAYG plan I topped up with £10. I've
>> hardly used the phone and now my credit is £3.62 - so some how I've
>> spent £6.38 on next to nothing. I've only made one mobile to mobile
>> call for about 5 mins, and sent two texts. I guess this is "welcome to
>> smart phone rip-off billing." I've logged onto My3 and set up an
>> account for the SIM card - but there is no itemised billing available.
>> I need to know where (and how) this money has gone please. Many thanks
>> - Chris Brady.
>
> I have just been onto 3 CS and they told me that there is no way
> customers can monitor call usage or charges online. Apparently a
> printed itemised bill can be sent but at a charge of £10.

I'm not aware of any PAYG offerings from any networks that give
itemising billing.

I suspect most of the £6.38 has been spent on data usage. You can get
unlimited (fair use applies) data usage for a month by purchasing a data
addon for £5.

Steve

From: IanM on

>"Steve Wyles" <steve(a)inhouse.co.uk> wrote in message
>On 31/12/2009 12:36, CJB wrote:
>> On Dec 31, 11:52 am, CJB<chrisjbr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>When I bought my S2 on Three's PAYG plan I topped up with �10. I've
>>> hardly used the phone and now my credit is �3.62 - so some how I've
>>> spent �6.38 on next to nothing. I've only made one mobile to mobile
>>> call for about 5 mins, and sent two texts. I guess this is "welcome to
>>> smart phone rip-off billing." I've logged onto My3 and set up an
>>> account for the SIM card - but there is no itemised billing available.
>>> I need to know where (and how) this money has gone please. Many thanks
>>> - Chris Brady.
>>
>> I have just been onto 3 CS and they told me that there is no way
>> customers can monitor call usage or charges online. Apparently a
>> printed itemised bill can be sent but at a charge of �10.
>>

>I'm not aware of any PAYG offerings from any networks that give itemising
>billing.

>I suspect most of the �6.38 has been spent on data usage. You can get
>unlimited (fair use applies) data usage for a month by purchasing a data
>addon for �5.

>Steve
This doesn't sound right, if you are on 3PAY then you get 150MB of data free
and then it is 30p per MegaByte after that. The My3 web page does show you
how many texts you have sent and how much data you've used.

From: Steve Wyles on
On 31/12/2009 13:52, IanM wrote:
>> "Steve Wyles"<steve(a)inhouse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On 31/12/2009 12:36, CJB wrote:
>>> On Dec 31, 11:52 am, CJB<chrisjbr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> This doesn't sound right, if you are on 3PAY then you get 150MB of data free
> and then it is 30p per MegaByte after that. The My3 web page does show you
> how many texts you have sent and how much data you've used.

It only shows the allowance remaining. If you've used all of the
included allowance, it doesn't show how much extra has been used.

Steve