From: Patrick Whittle on
I want to get the URL below to re-direct immediately after loading.
http://pwhittle.dlinkddns.com/alexander/niche.htm

.... to load:
http://pwhittle.dlinkddns.com/alexander/

How do you do this?

From: David Pyles on
Patrick Whittle wrote:
> I want to get the URL below to re-direct immediately after loading.
> http://pwhittle.dlinkddns.com/alexander/niche.htm
>
> ... to load:
> http://pwhittle.dlinkddns.com/alexander/
>
> How do you do this?

Put this in the header of your niche.htm page:
<META http-equiv="refresh" content="3;
URL=http://pwhittle.dlinkddns.com/alexander/">

You can increase or decrease the number after content= to increase or
decrease the refresh delay.
Dave Pyles
From: Brian Cryer on
"Patrick Whittle" <patrick_whittle(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to get the URL below to re-direct immediately after loading.
> http://pwhittle.dlinkddns.com/alexander/niche.htm
>
> ... to load:
> http://pwhittle.dlinkddns.com/alexander/
>
> How do you do this?

I wrote an article on this years ago:
http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/script5.htm
You can either use JavaScript or (better - as per David's post) http-equiv.

An alternative is to delete the original file and and handle the redirect in
your 404 error handler - the advantage of that is that you can then do a
response.redirect which means that web-bots and other agents should redirect
automatically. If you use the javascript or http-equiv approach then the
page has to be loaded before the redirect happens.

The http-equiv approach is probably simplest unless your long term intention
is to delete the original file in which case I'd (personally) go the 404
error handler route.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian