From: CJB on
On my PC I have IE7. When I get an email with an embedded link in it
- like I get in say a fraudulant PayPal email - I can hover the cursor
over the link and the real address appears at the bottom of the window
in the status bar. This address is invariably inconsistent with the
link text and this allows me to see that the address is a fraud and
that I can ignore / delete the email.

However I have just bought a netbook with IE 8 installed. When I
opened a fraudulant email - again apparently from PayPal - and hovered
the cursor over the embedded link the underlying address did NOT
appear at the bottom of the window. So I now have no way of telling if
an email is genuine or not.

What do I have to do to configure IE 8 to do show embedded addresses
before clicking on them please?

Thank you - Chris Brady