From: Jolly Roger on
In article <barbschaller-EC7D2D.13100608082010(a)news.iphouse.com>,
Melba's Jammin' <barbschaller(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> I posted this to comp.sys.mac.misc and haven't received a response - may
> be too soon or may be the wrong group. I'm re-posting here. Don't hurt
> me.
>
> First, everything is now fine.
>
> OS 10.6.4, MacBook Pro; Safari 5.0.1
>
> I turned off my machine overnight. When I re-booted in the morning at
> some point I opened Safari. Home page is set to my website (link below,
> FWIW.) Instead of going to my home page, I was presented with a page
> at NPR � National Public Radio. The URL worked fine on my husband's
> machine � to my home page.
>
> I repaired permissions � no change in oddity.
> I repaired permissions again and re-booted and all was and still is well.
>
> Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what the heck happened? What
> struck me is that I do not recall having been to that NPR page and I am
> surely kicking myself now for not taking a screen shot of it.

Simple cache issue.

JR
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <barbschaller-D88C5F.17164708082010(a)news.iphouse.com>,
Melba's Jammin' <barbschaller(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> In article <jollyroger-46059F.15165208082010(a)news.individual.net>,
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <barbschaller-EC7D2D.13100608082010(a)news.iphouse.com>,
> > Melba's Jammin' <barbschaller(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I posted this to comp.sys.mac.misc and haven't received a response - may
> > > be too soon or may be the wrong group. I'm re-posting here. Don't hurt
> > > me.
> > >
> > > First, everything is now fine.
> > >
> > > OS 10.6.4, MacBook Pro; Safari 5.0.1
> > >
> > > I turned off my machine overnight. When I re-booted in the morning at
> > > some point I opened Safari. Home page is set to my website (link below,
> > > FWIW.) Instead of going to my home page, I was presented with a page
> > > at NPR � National Public Radio. The URL worked fine on my husband's
> > > machine � to my home page.
> > >
> > > I repaired permissions � no change in oddity.
> > > I repaired permissions again and re-booted and all was and still is well.
> > >
> > > Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what the heck happened? What
> > > struck me is that I do not recall having been to that NPR page and I am
> > > surely kicking myself now for not taking a screen shot of it.
> >
> > Simple cache issue.
>
> Would not have holding down the option key while going to the site (the
> me.com site) have given a fresh start? I did that, too, and still got
> the NPR page. <shrugs> Thanks for the response.

Possibly not. It's hard to talk about these things in definitives
without examining the malfunctioning application/system more closely
though.

JR