From: Gabriel Knight on
Thanks everyone for the replies I remember that the packaging said that if I
wanted to use it on win 98 se that I had to download a driver for it from a
web site but I dont have the packaging anymore, it has no brand name or
serial number it only has written on it "Super Flash Drive" and "USB 128mb"
so finding a manufacturer is going to be a bit hard, thanks Shaun

From: sheldonisaac@myrealbox.com on
Mary wrote:

> I keep seeing messages here about Win 98 drivers especially Sandisk,
> though may not be in above case.but whatever make it is just go to the
> manufacturers website of your USB drive, and if you don't see the driver
> you need, email them at the contact email address on their site. They
> will help you get the drivers you need. I had to do that for a Sandisk
> win 98 driver for Micro USB drive, and they emailed it to me. It wasn't
> on their site.

THANK YOU, Kate!!!

A year or two ago, I got a USB card reader, but it wouldn't work with
Win98SE.
I tried and tried unsuccessfully to find a driver.

After reading your message, I Googled for

pocket drive GFR202SD 98

and the top hit was the manufacturer's Web site, where there was a
driver which works!!!

Maybe they released that _after_ I gave up looking?

Sheldon

From: charlie R on

"Gabriel Knight" <fairmontxabc(a)bigpond.com> wrote in message
: Thanks everyone for the replies I remember that the packaging said
that if I
: wanted to use it on win 98 se that I had to download a driver for it
from a
: web site but I dont have the packaging anymore, it has no brand name
or
: serial number it only has written on it "Super Flash Drive" and "USB
128mb"
: so finding a manufacturer is going to be a bit hard, thanks Shaun
:
:
: > Hi , I have a "Super Flash Drive 128mb" USB drive but I cant locate
: > driver for it to use on my win 98 SE machine I dont know any more
than
: > above it dosnt need any drivers for win xp can anyone help?
: >
: > Thanks
: > Shaun
:
:

Shaun, Apparently Super Talent is a brand name. Check the link below
for info about the drive. Is this the one?

http://www.etech4sale.com/Super_Talent_USB2.0_FLASH_DRIVE/USB2.0_128/partinfo-id-116692.html

charlie R

From: charlie R on

[...]
Shaun, Scroll down to the bottom of this page for driver downloads for
Super Talent Flash Drives.

http://www.xterasys.com/drivers.htm

Hope this works.

charlie R

From: Mary on
<sheldonisaac(a)myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Mary wrote:
>
> > I keep seeing messages here about Win 98 drivers especially Sandisk,
> > though may not be in above case.but whatever make it is just go to
the
> > manufacturers website of your USB drive, and if you don't see the
driver
> > you need, email them at the contact email address on their site.
They
> > will help you get the drivers you need. I had to do that for a
Sandisk
> > win 98 driver for Micro USB drive, and they emailed it to me. It
wasn't
> > on their site.
>
> THANK YOU, Kate!!!
>
> A year or two ago, I got a USB card reader, but it wouldn't work with
> Win98SE.
> I tried and tried unsuccessfully to find a driver.
>
> After reading your message, I Googled for
>
> pocket drive GFR202SD 98
>
> and the top hit was the manufacturer's Web site, where there was a
> driver which works!!!
>
> Maybe they released that _after_ I gave up looking?

It was about 5 months ago I bought the Sandisk 256MB USB drive and a CD
came with it for all OS drivers except win 98. I phoned
Sandisk at their toll free number and I asked why is the win 98 driver
for Micro USB driver not on your site? He didn't know but the driver was
available and asked my email address, and emailed the driver to me right
after
I had spoken to him on the phone. It was a very small file, so they
could have left it on their site.
Some people still use Win 98 :) Well, good you got the driver you
needed.

Kate