From: Andre Majorel on
I'm having trouble reading Compact flash and SD cards on the
same card reader. I'm not absolutely certain but it *seems* that
once a medium of either type has been inserted, it will ignore
the other type.

Wherever the state is kept, it's not in the module. modprobe -r
usb-storage; modprobe usb-storage gives a kernel message about
"compact flash" even though the only medium in the reader is an
SD card.

Is there a secret /{proc|sys} spell to make it work ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Andr� Majorel http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
From: Frank Kingswood on
On 04/08/10 14:40, Andre Majorel wrote:
> I'm having trouble reading Compact flash and SD cards on the
> same card reader. I'm not absolutely certain but it *seems* that
> once a medium of either type has been inserted, it will ignore
> the other type.
>
> Wherever the state is kept, it's not in the module. modprobe -r
> usb-storage; modprobe usb-storage gives a kernel message about
> "compact flash" even though the only medium in the reader is an
> SD card.

Are you sure that this card reader supports both types of cards
simultaneously? Some/many/most card readers share signals between the
connectors to save pins on the IC package.

Frank