From: Michał Nazarewicz on
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:25:59 +0200, Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Michal Nazarewicz
> <m.nazarewicz(a)samsung.com> wrote:
>> The "nofua" attribute is used in the File-Storage Gadget but the
>> functions handling it are defined in storage_common.c (which may be
>> not a bad thing if anyone will want to port tho "nofua" attribute to
>> mass storage function) which causes the following warnings:
>>
>> drivers/usb/gadget/storage_common.c:718: \
>> warning: 'fsg_show_nofua' defined but not used
>> drivers/usb/gadget/storage_common.c:782: \
>> warning: 'fsg_store_nofua' defined but not used
>>
>> Adding __maybe_unused fixes this issue.
> It's a bit odd.
>
> Why the warning happens for those two only?
> There are two more parameters (four methods) to handle 'ro' and 'file'
> which are done in the same way.

Those are the only ones that are not used by the mass storage function.

The warning is issued when drivers using mass storage function are built.
File-Storage Gadget compiles fine.

--
Best regards, _ _
+----[mina86*mina86.com]---[mina86*jabber.org]----ooO--(_)--Ooo--
From: Michał Nazarewicz on
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:42:33 +0200, Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/7/28 Michał Nazarewicz <m.nazarewicz(a)samsung.com>:
>>> Why the warning happens for those two only?
>>> There are two more parameters (four methods) to handle 'ro' and 'file'
>>> which are done in the same way.
>>
>> Those are the only ones that are not used by the mass storage function.
> Now I got it.
>
> I'm just wondering if it somehow useful to append similar parameter to
> that function.

I intend to add it later on when I'll have bit more time. For now just
a quick fix and an entry in my TODO. ;)