From: Mladen Gogala on
I successfully installed instant client 11.2 and the latest version of
SQL*Developer. DBD::Oracle also installs perfectly as well as Orasrp. I
must say that I like what I see so far.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: Tim X on
Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen(a)gmail.com> writes:

> I successfully installed instant client 11.2 and the latest version of
> SQL*Developer. DBD::Oracle also installs perfectly as well as Orasrp. I
> must say that I like what I see so far.

Thats good news to know. I have 9.10 on my work machine and was wondering
if I will get into trouble when I upgrade as I already have Oracle on
that box. Upgraded my home system to 10.4 yesterday and it all whent
well, but no oracle on that box.

I'm glad Oracle has moved away from those stupid restrictions on which
Linux you could install on. Was a PITA having to 'fake' a RH system to
install 9i on your distro of choice.

Tim
--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Sun, 02 May 2010 10:02:29 +1000, Tim X wrote:

> Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I successfully installed instant client 11.2 and the latest version of
>> SQL*Developer. DBD::Oracle also installs perfectly as well as Orasrp. I
>> must say that I like what I see so far.
>
> Thats good news to know. I have 9.10 on my work machine and was
> wondering if I will get into trouble when I upgrade as I already have
> Oracle on that box. Upgraded my home system to 10.4 yesterday and it all
> whent well, but no oracle on that box.
>
> I'm glad Oracle has moved away from those stupid restrictions on which
> Linux you could install on. Was a PITA having to 'fake' a RH system to
> install 9i on your distro of choice.
>
> Tim

Tim, I installed the instant client, SQL*Developer and orasrp, nothing
else. It wasn't a full Oracle installation.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: Robert Klemme on
On 04.05.2010 02:58, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> Ubuntu is a desktop thingy, not to be used for servers,

That statement is not 100% accurate:

http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/serveredition

Cheers

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Tue, 04 May 2010 18:14:19 +0200, Robert Klemme wrote:

> On 04.05.2010 02:58, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>
>> Ubuntu is a desktop thingy, not to be used for servers,
>
> That statement is not 100% accurate:
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/serveredition
>
> Cheers
>
> robert

Well, yes, that is true. However, I don't think that you will find any
Ubuntu servers in the Fortune 500 company server rooms, running critical
services. That is still entrusted to Red Hat.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com