From: Joe Schweier on
I may have put this request in one time before...

I am trying to learn Ubuntu and I have some challanges... :( Anyway,
can

someone give me a few moments of their time so that they can walk me
through

the instalation of Synchronet BBS software...

I live in a remote area and there are no pugs to join... as far as I
can tell..

Once I have that install I have something I know to work from...

Thanx

Joe

From: David W. Hodgins on
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 18:37:16 -0500, Joe Schweier <NOSPAM.Joe.Schweier(a)nickandre.com> wrote:

( Anyway,
> can
> someone give me a few moments of their time so that they can walk me
> through
> the instalation of Synchronet BBS software...

I just tried following the instructions for a Non-CVS Install
from http://www.synchro.net/docs/sbbsunix.txt
and it built ok. Trying to run it shows it has to be in the
directory /sbbs, as the leading slash seems to be hard coded
in some of the programs.

Also, you should run ldconfig after creating the symlink
for libcl.so. Btw, I'm using Mandriva linux.

What type of problems are you having.

Regards, Dave Hodgins