From: annalissa on

Hi all,

see this :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsjMbWXIcoA
From: J G Miller on
On Monday, August 2nd, 2010 at 03:37:20h -0700, Annalissa wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> see this :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsjMbWXIcoA

You are only 9 months late jumping on this band wagon.

From: William Poaster on
J G Miller wrote:

> On Monday, August 2nd, 2010 at 03:37:20h -0700, Annalissa wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> see this :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsjMbWXIcoA
>
> You are only 9 months late jumping on this band wagon.

Sounds like a googlegroup troll IMO.

--
FreeBSD 8.0 64-bit; Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit
Mandriva 2010 64-bit; Scientificlinux 5.5 64-bit

From: mjt on
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:38:47 +0100
William Poaster <wp(a)64-bitBSD&Linuxmachines.com> wrote:

> J G Miller wrote:
> > On Monday, August 2nd, 2010 at 03:37:20h -0700, Annalissa wrote:

> >> see this :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsjMbWXIcoA
> >
> > You are only 9 months late jumping on this band wagon.
>
> Sounds like a googlegroup troll IMO.

"annalissa" has a habit of posting and then
"sits back to watch" the replies. It's rare
"annalissa" responds back into their original
thread. However, I'm not so sure "annalissa"
is a troll ... research it ...

--
Support your local police force -- steal!!
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

From: Aragorn on
On Tuesday 03 August 2010 11:13 in comp.os.linux.misc, somebody
identifying as mjt wrote...

> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:38:47 +0100
> William Poaster <wp(a)64-bitBSD&Linuxmachines.com> wrote:
>
>> J G Miller wrote:

>> > You are only 9 months late jumping on this band wagon.
>>
>> Sounds like a googlegroup troll IMO.
>
> "annalissa" has a habit of posting and then
> "sits back to watch" the replies. It's rare
> "annalissa" responds back into their original
> thread. However, I'm not so sure "annalissa"
> is a troll ... research it ...

The above matches my own observations to a tee. Given that "annalissa"
typically posts from Google Groups and the highly focused nature
of "her" questions/inquiries, I had originally thought that "she" was a
student turning to Usenet to complete her homework assignments, but I'm
not so sure about that anymore now.

Yet a troll I think "she" is not. I was actually surprised that "she"
would post something like this, although Greg Kroah-Hartman and
others - mainly Debian developers - have spoken out about Canonical's
rather opportunistic attitude towards GNU/Linux before. And it is
indeed opportunism, given that they're "getting more credit than they
deserve", but the various ?buntus are still all being offered for
download free of charge to everyone without that all of the downloaders
aee also signing up with Canonical for a support contract, so it
wouldn't be fair to accuse Canonical of exploitantionism either.

I would agree with "mjt" that "annalissa" is someone who likes throwing
something on the table - whether technical or political, as in this
case here - and then sits and observes, studying the replies,
presumably with the intent of learning something. That is not what a
troll does. Trolls are obnoxious and disruptive, and the core message
of their posts usually (but not always) revolves around the alleged (by
them) superiority of Microsoft Windows.

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)