From: Chuck on
On 7/18/2010 9:00 PM, Henry wrote:
> I'm running a Dell 3GHz CPU with 2G RAM and WinXP PRO SP2
>
> I have a Umax AstraNET A101 scanner. Does anyone know where I can get a
> WINXP driver for this scanner. I can't find it by Google.
>
> Thanks
>
> Henry

Have you tried a trial copy of VueScan?
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:27:46 -0500, "Shenan Stanley"
<newshelper(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Henry wrote:
> > I'm running a Dell 3GHz CPU with 2G RAM and WinXP PRO SP2
> >
> > I have a Umax AstraNET A101 scanner. Does anyone know where I can
> > get a WINXP driver for this scanner. I can't find it by Google.
>
> If the original manufacturer did not see fit to provide one (they did not)
> then there really isn't one. Time to get a new scanner - the company that
> made your scanner decided not to support Windows XP for that model.

I'm going back several years and my memory on this may be faulty. But
just in case it helps Henry...

I had a UMAX scanner (a different model) and when I went to XP I
couldn't find a driver for it on the UMAX web site. But I *did* find a
driver on the UK UMAX web site. So it might be worth a try.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup