From: monster on
We recently experienced a power outage where both our web and db server
were affected. Power was restored to both servers, but performing
searches returned the following generic error:

Your search encountered an error. If the problem persists, contact the
portal site administrator.

I take a look at the event viewer and see that it is riddled with
errors. One of them with an event ID of 3090 and the following

The gatherer files from the previous checkpoint cannot be restored, and
this action cannot be completed. The gatherer will attempt to restore
the files again. If the problem persists, restart the service, free
system resources or verify that your hardware is working properly.

I do some google searches and find this thread where they experienced
the same error:

http://sharepoint.news-view.co.uk/topic-18649.html

I follow the steps they took, which is remove the Index component from
the server and re-add it. I then click on "Manage the Search Service"
to begin a full crawl, but I cant get to the page at all. It makes the
request, but it eventually times out. This was the case before and
after attempting to remove/re-add the index component.

How do I get access back to this setting? Please help!!

From: Danne on
Sometimes reindex is enough.
Try and completely reset the content index from within SPS, then
rebuild it.

//D

From: monster on
Danne,

I agree; however, I'm not able to access any pages that relate to
search or crawls from Site Settings and the Central Admin page. For
example, whenever I click on any links under "Search Settings and
Indexed Content" under site settings (from the Portal), the request
will time out.

If I click on "Manage the Search Service" under the central admin page,
the request will time out. =/

From: richard.markiewicz on
Are the relevant sevices running? e.g. mssearch

Rich

From: monster on
The only service that appears to be close to what your describing is
Microsoft SharePointPS Search. It was running, but unfortunately, I
attempted to restart the service which ended up failing to do so.
Currently it is caught in the "stopping" phase and will continue to be
until I reboot the box (which is production).

Is accessing specific settings dependent on certain services running?
I ask because in my dev. environment, the Microsoft SharePointPS Search
service is not running and I'm still able to access links under "Search
Settings and Indexed Content" (under Site Settings), etc, etc

richard.markiewicz wrote:
> Are the relevant sevices running? e.g. mssearch
>
> Rich

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Survey export to Excel