From: Joe K. on

I have serveral database servers with SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008
when I create the maintenance plan to delete backup files older than 5 days
old. I run the maintenance plan jobs it does not delete any backup files.

The databhase servers have the following versions: SQL Server 2005 SP3 and
SQL Server 2008 SP1

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks so much for the help.

From: Siv g at sivill dot on
Is there anything in the Server Event logs that would indicate the
maintenance task is failing and if so what is it?

It might be a permissions issue, or it may be the SQL Server Agent service
isn't running??

Siv
--
Martley, Near Worcester, UK