From: Slinky on
Here's a weird one. I am unable to delete any emails the way I used to
in Outlook 2007. The delete button is grayed out and disabled when a
message is selected. The delete key doesn't work. The only thing that
does is control-delete to permanently delete a message.

I don't recall making changes. Some problems I originally had were
with Kaspersky but I disabled its spam checker. I used scanpst on this
file, which opens fine. I created a new fresh pst and dragged all the
emails and folders into it and still I can't delete emails the normal
way.

Anyone see this before? Using Vista 64 ultimate.
From: Slinky on
On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 01:15:25 -0400, Slinky <slinky__a_t(a)newsguy__.com>
wrote:

>Here's a weird one. I am unable to delete any emails the way I used to
>in Outlook 2007. The delete button is grayed out and disabled when a
>message is selected. The delete key doesn't work. The only thing that
>does is control-delete to permanently delete a message.
>
>I don't recall making changes. Some problems I originally had were
>with Kaspersky but I disabled its spam checker. I used scanpst on this
>file, which opens fine. I created a new fresh pst and dragged all the
>emails and folders into it and still I can't delete emails the normal
>way.
>
>Anyone see this before? Using Vista 64 ultimate.

INteresting. If you drag the email out of inbox and into a subfolder,
delete works as it normally does. Only email in the "inbox" doesn't
work.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"Slinky" <slinky__a_t(a)newsguy__.com> wrote in message

> Here's a weird one. I am unable to delete any emails the way I used to
> in Outlook 2007. The delete button is grayed out and disabled when a
> message is selected. The delete key doesn't work. The only thing that
> does is control-delete to permanently delete a message.

That should be Shift-Delete.

> I don't recall making changes. Some problems I originally had were
> with Kaspersky but I disabled its spam checker. I used scanpst on this
> file, which opens fine. I created a new fresh pst and dragged all the
> emails and folders into it and still I can't delete emails the normal
> way.
>
> Anyone see this before? Using Vista 64 ultimate.

What type of account?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]