From: Chuck on
If your computer does not "turn on", and you have signal cable disconnected
displayed on the screen, you have a hardware fault.
Power Supply motherboard, Video card, CPU, and Hard Drive can all be a pat
of the problem.

Without spare parts, about all you can do is disconnect everything but the
power supply, keyboard, and perhaps the video card.
If the P/C still does not "turn on", you will have to seek hands on help
from someone with spares and knowledge.
Since your P/C is "several years old" it's quite likely that it is outdated
enough to replace rather than pay to have fixed.