From: Doug0819 on
Hi,

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1. I have been trying to
install the "IIS 6 Metabase and IIS 6 Configuration Compatibility" component
without success. After selecting this component in the "Turn Windows
Features on and off" window and then clicking OK, Windows spins for a couple
of minutes and then informs me that "An error occurred and the components
could not be installed".

I have tried the following with no success:
1. Uninstalled and reinstalled SP1 (this was on recommendation from an
"expert" at Expert-Exchange).
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled IIS 7.
3. Shut down all third party applications and disabled as many services as
possible.

Any help on figuring this out would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I am
posting in the wrong group if someone could point me to the correct group,
then thanks.

Doug