From: mradcliff111 on
I'm really starting to regret Upgrading to Director 11. I didn't have any of
these issues going from MX to MX 2004. All I'm trying to do is make a simple
projector work on a Mac and it's one issue after another. Not to mention all
this after updating a whole boat load of Xtras 11 requires.
The new one is this;

Unable to load movie playlist. Does the INI file exsist? It must contain a
section '(Movies)' with an entry 'Movies01=pathname.dir'.

I've already read a couple of other forum post with the same error message
going on with others but can't find certain files required to make the fix like
the 'Projec32.skl',
and I don't know how to read, let alone make an .INI file.

I'll mention I got this error after updating to Shockwave 11 EVEN though I was
not publishing a Shockwave movie.
I know I just need to include a certain file on my CD when I burn one because
all works great on the desk top, but I'm throwing darts trying to figure out
what the CD burn is missing.

So to make a long story short does anyone know what I might be missing?
I'm new to making director movies for the Mac, and even using a Mac so I might
need it spelled out a little more for being a novice.

Thanks in advance. :o)>

PS I tried making a Mac Projector from my PC with no good results either.

From: mikem75 on
that's likely going to be a path length issue. At least that's the message you
get on a pc. I believe the longest path you can have to your movie is 256
characters (including the name of the movie). Try moving your director file
closer to the root of the drive and republishing the movie.

Mike M