From: DrB on
I am trying to implement PIP as described elsewhere. MM2 is not listing the
new transitions written in .xml and saved in the C:\Program Files\Movie
Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX directory as an option. I have restarted MM2, rebooted,
and still no joy. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
From: "eeyore <"rob.pugh"@" on
DrB wrote:
> I am trying to implement PIP as described elsewhere. MM2 is not listing the
> new transitions written in .xml and saved in the C:\Program Files\Movie
> Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX directory as an option. I have restarted MM2, rebooted,
> and still no joy. Any help appreciated.
> Thanks.
1. Check the files are in the correct folder
c:/program files/movie maker/shared/addontfx
2. Check that the files have an xml extension
3. Check the xml for errors
Open the folder where the files are. Double click the xml files
They should open in IE and be parsed and checked for errors.
Note this check syntax only.

The file could be syntactically correct but still have errors (eg
misspelt words) I dont know what happends if this is the case.

Hope this helps

Eeyore
From: DrB on
All checked and rechecked. No joy there. Any other suggestions?

From: "eeyore <"rob.pugh"@" on
send me the xml

From: Rehan on

"DrB" <DrB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All checked and rechecked. No joy there. Any other suggestions?

Most likely you are saving the xml file incorrectly...

Confirm the file has .xml extension by turning off the "hide extensions of
known file types" from Explorer > Tools > Folder options > View.

Further, try installing the PIP Plus trial installer from my site:
http://www.rehanfx.org/pipplus.htm

If that works then it confirms that you have not saved the first xml file
correctly. By default the Windows hides the extensions of the known files so
txt files do not show up with extensions. In this situation any attempt to
save files from Notepad results in saved file as "file.xml.txt" although all
you see is "file.xml".

--
Rehan
MS MVP -- Digital Media