From: John Rocchio on
Hi All,
I've set up a new exchange server and want to migrate people over to it.
When I attempt to do so from either the 2007 server or the 2003 server I get
the same error:

Error occurred in the step: Preparing mailbox to be moved. Failed to copy
basic mailbox information with error: The Microsoft Exchange Information
Store service could not find the specified object., error code: -1056749241

I can create new users on the 2007 server w/o any problems. What should I be
looking for?

From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:48:27 -0500, "John Rocchio"
<jrocchio(a)computopia.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>I've set up a new exchange server and want to migrate people over to it.
>When I attempt to do so from either the 2007 server or the 2003 server I get
>the same error:
>
> Error occurred in the step: Preparing mailbox to be moved. Failed to copy
>basic mailbox information with error: The Microsoft Exchange Information
>Store service could not find the specified object., error code: -1056749241
>
>I can create new users on the 2007 server w/o any problems. What should I be
>looking for?

Run ExBpa and do a permissions check to see if any Exchange object in
AD has its permissions inheritance blocked.