From: Liz on
Bruce:

I have the exact same problem and have been unable to find a solution.

Liz

From: PatrickD on
These updates have also broken Office 2002 on Windows 2000 although the error
is different- "This is a pre-release version of the compatability pack.".
I have mostly office 2002 but the few Office 2003 machines I have started
producing the "error opening file" message on the same day (12-03-2010).

From: atlcomputech on
Hey Folks,

It looks like the ver 12.0.6500.5000 (SP2) of the office compatability pack
might also be an issue...

****We fixed the problem with the FileFormatConverter.exe ver
12.0.6015.5000****

We are running:

1) Windows 2000 sp4
2) Office 2003 sp3

When we ran microsoft update we skipped SP2 and acknowledged the first 2
security updates...

Workaround until this is resolved...