From: Joseph on
I am running Windows 7 and after installing the latest updates for
Office 2007 (Update KB977724and Security Update KB978380) and on
restarting I keep getting the message "Your must restart your computer
to continue the update process." I've restarted at least a half dozen
times and keep getting the same message.

I actually have Office 2003 installed but the 2007 updates don't
bother my other two machines which are running XP.
From: Shenan Stanley on
Joseph wrote:
> I am running Windows 7 and after installing the latest updates for
> Office 2007 (Update KB977724and Security Update KB978380) and on
> restarting I keep getting the message "Your must restart your
> computer to continue the update process." I've restarted at least
> a half dozen times and keep getting the same message.
>
> I actually have Office 2003 installed but the 2007 updates don't
> bother my other two machines which are running XP.

Remove the two updates and restart - better?

Yes, you may have Office 2003 - but do you have an Office viewer or did you
install the compatibility pack so you could open Office 2007 files?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978380

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB978380).

Or you can...

The Consumer Security Support home page & Microsoft Update Solution Center
also offer support options
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

From: Joseph on
On Mar 11, 7:45 am, "Shenan Stanley" <newshel...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Remove the two updates and restart - better?

No. It just re-installs them when I shut down.

> Yes, you may have Office 2003 - but do you have an Office viewer or did you
> install the compatibility pack so you could open Office 2007 files?

I don't think I actually have any Office 2007 files - everything we
have was created in 2003.

Joseph
From: Shenan Stanley on
Joseph wrote:
> No. It just re-installs them when I shut down.
>
> I don't think I actually have any Office 2007 files - everything we
> have was created in 2003.

Let's try this again...

Turn off Automatic Updates.
Uninstall the updates.
Reboot.
Better?

Also - I never said you had Office 2007 installed - I asked if you had the
compatibility pack or an office viewer (like Word or Excel) installed. They
allow you to *view* or load Office 2007 documents - not create them.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP