From: Captain Apollo on
Hello Everyone,

Currently I am using Office 2007 with Outlook.

Usually all my work e-mail have a signature at the end which includes a
logo. Previously I set up the company logo to the size of 667 x 177 as a
JPG file. Include it into the signatures through the tools, options,
Signatures and Stationery and the JPEG file appear nice and snug with the
rest of the text I include.

Apparently a client of mine has some sort of background stationery on his
e-mails and when I reply with my signature I see a white box with my logo in
it against his background... Okay not a problem, Simply convert the JPEG
file in Photoshop to a GIF and make the white background transparent.

Here is where the problem came...

I then clicked on tools, options, Signatures and Stationery where the
appropriate signature came up, inserted the now GIF file however this time
despite both pictures are exactly the same size in pixels, the GIF is much
larger in size.

Okay... this should be simple where you thought that you go to the corner of
the picture and when you place the cursor over the corner node, it changes
into the bi-directional arrow which sort of means that you can enlarge or
reduce the size of the picture.

Problem... It doesn't work and why.

I have no explanation as to why this happens. You'd think that the
bidirectional arrows are a guide that you can shrink or enlarge but nothing.

Thank you in advance.

From: "Don Schmidt" Don on
Could do a resize with Irfanview.

http://www.irfanview.com/