From: jpowers on
I downloaded Windows 7 from Technet back in April. I installed with product
key supplied at that time, Now it says my copy isn't genuine andIi can't
update. When I try to update i get error code; 8004F807. I am running Windows
7 Evaluation copy, Build 7100. Any help will be appreciated.
--
J Powers
From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
jpowers wrote:

> I downloaded Windows 7 from Technet back in April. I installed with product
> key supplied at that time, Now it says my copy isn't genuine andIi can't
> update. When I try to update i get error code; 8004F807. I am running Windows
> 7 Evaluation copy, Build 7100. Any help will be appreciated.

We don't support Windows 7 beta here, but you might be able to get help in one
of the Windows 7 forums, e.g.:

<http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprogeneral/threads>

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprogeneral/threads

My best guess is that there is no way to upgrade from the beta to the release
version, and you'll have to save your data and reinstall.

Harry.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprosecurity/thread/1c3ddce6-ebc0-4e47-8b87-d2591cd87612