From: golfinray on
I have an unbound combo on a form that is summing a value from a subform.
(=sum([project payments]) I need it to update as I change from one record to
the next in the main form. The mainform and subform are linked by project #.
Thanks!!!
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS
From: Maurice on
me.unboundcombo.requery in the form current event would be my initial
thought...
--
Maurice Ausum

From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
Why a combo box? I don't see where a drop-down list fits into this. You
could place the appropriate expression In a text box Control Source. In the
subform footer you could have as the Control Source for an unbound text box
(txtSum):

=sum([project payments])

This assumes [project payments] is a field in the subform Record Source. You
should be able to hide the text box and reference it in a main form text box
Control Source:

=Forms![FormName]![SubformControlName].Form!txtSum

You could also perform the sum directly in a main form text box:

=Sum(Forms![FormName]![SubformControlName].Form![project payments])

There should be no need to requery or otherwise force an update. It should
produce the result for the current record (including related subform records).

I have never tried summing in a combo box , but I expect it could work the
same way.

golfinray wrote:
>I have an unbound combo on a form that is summing a value from a subform.
>(=sum([project payments]) I need it to update as I change from one record to
>the next in the main form. The mainform and subform are linked by project #.
>Thanks!!!

Pages: 1
Prev: Toolbars in MS Access 2007
Next: sum won't update