From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:50:35 -0400, "Mike B" <mDotByerley(a)VerizonDottieNettie>
wrote:

>Further, the timer function isn't the same as the timer object. Just for
>Sh*ts and Giggles, I did look in the AC2007 help and under Remarks:

Sorry, Mike! That was indeed the source of my confusion, and probably Owl's
confusion as well: his code was using BOTH the form's Timer property (which is
in milliseconds) and *also* the VBA Timer function. It's disquieting that
Access includes two quite different features with the same name; I had used
the Form Timer but not the Timer() function. Thanks for the heads-up!
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Mike B on

"John W. Vinson" <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:50:35 -0400, "Mike B"
> <mDotByerley(a)VerizonDottieNettie>
> wrote:
>
>>Further, the timer function isn't the same as the timer object. Just for
>>Sh*ts and Giggles, I did look in the AC2007 help and under Remarks:
>>

> Sorry, Mike! That was indeed the source of my confusion, and probably
> Owl's
> confusion as well: his code was using BOTH the form's Timer property
> (which is
> in milliseconds) and *also* the VBA Timer function. It's disquieting that
> Access includes two quite different features with the same name; I had
> used
> the Form Timer but not the Timer() function. Thanks for the heads-up!

That was the reason I used the parens after the Timer function statement
for clarity. At my age (I am a 1944 model), I need as much clarity as I can
muster.. ;-)