From: Chris Smith on
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 5:52 AM, Moray Henderson
<Moray.Henderson(a)ict-software.org> wrote:
> /var/lib/samba/locking.tdb
> /var/lib/samba/wins.tdb
> /var/lib/samba/mutex.tdb
>
> which are not documented in

Try:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/tdb.html

mutex.tdb is still missing but the two areas should be complete and
consistent in information
On 04/23/2010 04:52 AM, Moray Henderson wrote:
> In samba3-3.3.9-40.el4 and samba3-3.4.7-42.el5 there are 3 .tdb files
>
> /var/lib/samba/locking.tdb
temporary

> /var/lib/samba/wins.tdb
persistent

> /var/lib/samba/mutex.tdb
temporary

> which are not documented in
> http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/install.html#
> tdbdocs.

Sorry. The documentation is getting a little old.

> Are they persistent or temporary?

- John T.
Chris Smith wrote:
>> /var/lib/samba/locking.tdb
>> /var/lib/samba/wins.tdb
>> /var/lib/samba/mutex.tdb
>>
>> which are not documented in
>
>Try:
>http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/tdb.html
>
>mutex.tdb is still missing but the two areas should be complete and
>consistent in information

Thanks, I hadn't spotted that page. Although:

- group_mapping.tdb should be group_mapping.ldb
- "printing directory: preserve Y" conflicts with
"printing/*.tdb: backup no" from the Official HOWTO

Moray.
"To err is human. To purr, feline"

Moray Henderson wrote:
>Chris Smith wrote:
>>> /var/lib/samba/locking.tdb
>>> /var/lib/samba/wins.tdb
>>> /var/lib/samba/mutex.tdb
>>>
>>> which are not documented in
>>
>>Try:
>>http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/tdb.html
>>
>>mutex.tdb is still missing but the two areas should be complete and
>>consistent in information
>
>Thanks, I hadn't spotted that page. Although:
>
>- group_mapping.tdb should be group_mapping.ldb
>- "printing directory: preserve Y" conflicts with
> "printing/*.tdb: backup no" from the Official HOWTO

/var/lib/samba/notify.tdb is not documented either; does that only in certain Samba versions?