From: JC on
Hi there,

I am working with MOSS2007 Beta2TR and running into some strange
errors.

I have a web part that I want to add to an ASPX content page. Simple,
huh? Ok, so I clicked on the page, clicked Edit Page to put it into
edit mode. Added the web part. It went in ok but the rendering was a
little off. So, I deleted the web part again and navigated away from
the page to do some other stuff. Came back later to try again,
navigated back to the page and clicked "Edit Page". This time I get an
"Unexpected error has occurred" message.

I thought maybe I had messed up some properties on the page, so I
discarded my check out, checked out the page again and tried to edit
the page - same error message. I clicked the version history of the
page and saw no new entries - my check out / discard had not created
any new version of the page (as you'd expect). But... if the page
hadn't changed any, how come I can't edit it any more?

To confirm what I was seeing, I navigated to another ASPX page...
clicked "Edit Page" - this time I didn't even add a web part - I just
navigated away, went back to the page and clicked "Edit Page" again.
Same error - "unexpected error has occurred".

What is going on? I only get one shot at editing a Sharepoint page?

Any clues?