From: Tom Shelton on
Mike Williams expressed precisely :
> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message
>>> on 8/3/2010, Mike Williams supposed :
>>> People who always take things literally, as I deliberately
>>> did then for illustration purposes, are generally not very
>>> smart, such as people who insist, as you have yourself done many times in
>>> the past, that the
>>> microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion group is for all
>>> versions of VB, including the imposter, simply because
>>> the group has "vb" in its name.
>>
>> No... I have not insisted that...
>>

> But you /have/ been infesting the microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
> group with your evangelistic dotnet rubbish for quite some time, which
> amounts to much the same thing. Your lack of common sense is showing again.
>
>> I insist that comp.lang.basic.visual.misc is for all
>> versions of VB - because of it's charter. Get it right.
>
> So, taking that in the context in which you said it, I can logically assume
> that you do agree that the microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb group is
> /not/ for the VB.Nxt imposter. Well, at least that's something. That's one
> troll out of the way in the microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb group. Thank
> you for that. It is a good start. Now we can forget your own evangelistic
> dotnet outpourings on this group because you will not be spewing them any
> more. That's good. Just a few more trolls to go and we will be well on the
> way to having a group here that is entirely free of dotnet trolls. Thank you
> once again.
>
> Now I think I shall do what I had already mentioned, and leave the
> comp.lang.basic.visual.misc group to yourself and to anyone else who wishes
> to use it (unless and until its charter is changed of course) and I shall
> post solely on this microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb group that you have
> effectively agreed to stop trolling.
>
> Once again, let me thank you for agreeing to stop trolling this group.
>
> Mike

LOL... Mike I have not evangalized anything. I have argued and
discussed .net here - no doubt. But, I challenge you to find one
thread that I started here. I have only responded to threads already
in progress and only to the remarks of .notters.

Anyway, it seems to me you are the one that's the troll now...

--
Tom Shelton

From: Mike Williams on

> LOL... Mike I have not evangalized anything. I have
> argued and discussed .net here - no doubt.

Well that's the problem. I really am surprised that you cannot (or will not)
see it! I accused you of insisting that the
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion group is for all versions of VB,
including the imposter, and in reply you said:

"No... I have not insisted that... I insist that
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc is for all versions of
VB - because of it's charter. Get it right."

That statement of yours clearly implies, in fact the implication is
inescapable, that you do NOT believe that
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion group is for all versions of VB,
including the imposter. And yet here you are, hours later, freely admitting
that you have "argued and discussed .net here - no doubt"!!! If that is not
the mark of a troll then nothing is!

Mike

From: Tom Shelton on
Mike Williams used his keyboard to write :
> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> LOL... Mike I have not evangalized anything. I have
>> argued and discussed .net here - no doubt.
>
> Well that's the problem. I really am surprised that you cannot (or will not)
> see it! I accused you of insisting that the
> microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion group is for all versions of VB,
> including the imposter, and in reply you said:
>
> "No... I have not insisted that... I insist that
> comp.lang.basic.visual.misc is for all versions of
> VB - because of it's charter. Get it right."
>
> That statement of yours clearly implies, in fact the implication is
> inescapable, that you do NOT believe that
> microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion group is for all versions of VB,
> including the imposter. And yet here you are, hours later, freely admitting
> that you have "argued and discussed .net here - no doubt"!!! If that is not
> the mark of a troll then nothing is!
>
> Mike

I do not deny that I have been involved in discussions. But, if I was
here to troll - wouldn't I be the one starting them?

I do not start those discussions - if you don't discuss .net here, i
won't. simple as that. comp.lang.basic.* that's a different kettle
of fish entirely.

--
Tom Shelton

From: Mike Williams on

> I do not deny that I have been involved in discussions. But,
> if I was here to troll - wouldn't I be the one starting them?

No. That is not a requirement. Trolls are happy to troll whether they
started the thread or not.

Mike

From: Tom Shelton on
After serious thinking Mike Williams wrote :
> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> I do not deny that I have been involved in discussions. But,
>> if I was here to troll - wouldn't I be the one starting them?
>
> No. That is not a requirement. Trolls are happy to troll whether they started
> the thread or not.
>
> Mike

LOL... Then you and kev are probably the biggest trolls here.

--
Tom Shelton