From: VinceC on
I'm trying to save a document in Unicode UTF-08 in word 2007 and can't figure
out how to do it. I need to convert to a web page and upload it to an email
newsletter vendor. If I don't convert it, the punctuation marks show up as
boxes.

Any one know how to solve this?
--
Vince
From: Jay Freedman on
I think the only way to save in UTF-8 from Word is to click Office
button > Save As and choose Plain Text as the file type. When you
click the Save button, a conversion dialog will appear; choose "Other
encoding" to activate the list box, and choose UTF-8.

That will preserve the characters, but it will lose all the usual
formatting (bold, italic, different fonts, etc.).

If the vendor can handle RTF -- they probably can -- that would be a
better solution than UTF-8 because it will preserve all the
formatting.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

From: "Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot on
An interesting question. Documents saved in Word 2007 format are actually in
UTF-8 (in fact I think, earlier format ones were as well but woul have to
check to confirm), so Jay has probably guessed correctly that you don't want
a Word document at all. If not, please come back with more details.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

From: Klaus Linke on
"VinceC" wrote:
> I'm trying to save a document in Unicode UTF-08 in word 2007 and can't
> figure
> out how to do it. I need to convert to a web page and upload it to an
> email
> newsletter vendor. If I don't convert it, the punctuation marks show up as
> boxes.
>
> Any one know how to solve this?

When you save as HTML, you can choose the encoding in the Save dialog under
"Tools > Web options... > Encoding" (or something like that... at the top
right of the Save dialog).

Regards,
Klaus

Pages: 1