From: GogoJF on
Observing stars with telescopes uses a magnitude scale. Human vision
has its’ own magnitude scale. Camera’s have their own magnitude
scale. Microscopes have their own magnitude scale. If we hope to
unify nature, big and small, shouldn’t the first step be, to come up
with a single magnitude system which applies to all of the above?
What say you?
From: dlzc on
Dear GogoJF:

On Jan 14, 5:50 pm, GogoJF <jfgog...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Observing stars with telescopes uses a magnitude
> scale.  Human vision has its’ own magnitude scale.
> Camera’s have their own magnitude scale.
> Microscopes have their own magnitude scale.  If we
> hope to unify nature, big and small, shouldn’t the
> first step be, to come up with a single magnitude
> system which applies to all of the above?

We have.

> What say you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckingham_%CF%80_theorem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimensional_analysis

Welcome to the later part of the 19th century.

David A. Smith