From: Sanny on
Why was todays, Haiti Earthquake not predictable?

It was ~ 7.0 scale. Why cant we model or simulate the complete earth
structure on a Super Computer. That may help predict such earth
quakes.

Say, If we know that some earthquake is going to hit someplace in 1-2
days. People can travel away from the place and take their important
thing with them.

That way Economical Losses and Deaths can be lowered.

Why do the scientists unable to simulate Earth Quake predictions, Just
like they do the Weather Forecasts.

If I get enough funding I can create such sotware with 50-60% accurate
forecasts.

Will need Funds & enough information to start the project & Research.

This Earth Quake cost $2 Billions of loss. If I get even $100 million,
I may create a software that predicts EarthQuakes in advance. That
could save Billions of Dollars every year and 1000s of lives.

I think United Nations/ Some BIG Org should donate me $100 million to
work on a reliable EarthQuake forecasting program.

I will need costly Super Computer and other things to do the
research.

I find every year EarthQuake kills 1000sof people and a 2 Billions
Dollar looses./ year. So creating a EarthQuake predicting program will
be good for mankind.

I have the brains to create it. But looking for people who can fund
it.

Bye
Sanny

Computer has become Human,

See how: http://www.GetClub.com

Now you can chat with it.
From: Sue... on
On Jan 13, 11:32 am, Sanny <softtank...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

==========
> Why was todays, Haiti Earthquake not predictable?

Because Haitians do not raise rabbits?

http://www.maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R.Knott/Fibonacci/fibnat.html

Sue...

From: PD on
On Jan 13, 10:32 am, Sanny <softtank...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> This Earth Quake cost $2 Billions of loss. If I get even $100 million,
> I may create a software that predicts EarthQuakes in advance. That
> could save Billions of Dollars every year and 1000s of lives.

You *may* or you *will*? Makes a difference to those that would be
awarding the grant.
What's your history of delivering what you say you *will* do?

From: dlzc on
Dear Sanny:

On Jan 13, 9:32 am, Sanny <softtank...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Why was todays, Haiti Earthquake not
> predictable?

Stochastic processes are not predictable. We know they are coming, we
just *cannot* predict when. Similar to, we know once we start
breathing air, we are going to die.

Why did you think this was suitable fare for an astronomy newsgroup,
or one related to relativity?

David A. Smith
From: Sanny on
> Why did you think this was suitable fare for an astronomy newsgroup,
> or one related to relativity?

Earthquake is caused due to collision of earth crusts. Since Its a
Planet related topic, astronomy can say a bit about earth quakes and
volcanos. All planets have earthquakes & volcanoes we need to study
them too.

Bye
Sanny

Computer has become Human,