From: K on
Hi all, I am using Visual basic 2008 which is not in package and
insalled as single software on my pc. i have create an application
which is not built yet. i just want to know how can i create
uninstall function in visual basic 2008 that after building my project
when any user install this application on their pc then he should see
two icons in startup menu. which will be application icon and the
other should be uninstall application icon. I have tried looking for
this sultion and all i am getting is create Unistall bat file. I dont
know how to create it in Visual basic 2008. Please can any friend can
help me on this
From: Peter Duniho on
K wrote:
> Hi all, I am using Visual basic 2008 which is not in package and
> insalled as single software on my pc. i have create an application
> which is not built yet. i just want to know how can i create
> uninstall function in visual basic 2008 that after building my project
> when any user install this application on their pc then he should see
> two icons in startup menu. which will be application icon and the
> other should be uninstall application icon. I have tried looking for
> this sultion and all i am getting is create Unistall bat file. I dont
> know how to create it in Visual basic 2008. Please can any friend can
> help me on this

You'll need to start by being more precise about what you're talking about.

There is a Visual Basic 2008 Express, which is one of the free versions
of Visual Studio (each of the free versions is language-specific). Is
that what you mean by "Visual Basic 2008"?

There is also a project category in Visual Studio that can create a
Setup project for your application. It does not create .bat files;
rather, it creates an actual Setup program that will install your
program, set up Start menu items, Desktop shortcuts, etc.

Are you creating one of these so that users can install your
application? If not, how are your users installing the program, and why
are you doing it that way instead of using a Setup project?

If you are correctly creating a Setup project in your Solution, it
should by default install an "Uninstall" shortcut in the program's Start
menu folder. Which seems to be what you are asking how to do.

Pete