From: sweetummy on
Hi

I'm working in a trust (who can help the poor students by giving
financial aid to them).

1. every year we serve their needs say 2 lakhs per scholoarship ..
2. i have created a database which has all their personal details,
course details and expenditure details..
3. Now i'm able to enter the details as above..
4. By coming year also we are serving the same student (as the
Bachelors degree is 3 years).
5. I mean i have to enter the expenditure details to the same student
by identifying him from 1000 records..

1. my requirement is in MS Access.
2. The system has to generate serial unique id which should be reused
for the second year also..
please reply me soon..
From: Jeff Boyce on
Be aware that these newsgroups are 'staffed' by volunteers. If you don't
get a response quickly enough, folks may not have the time or the expertise
to help.

If your need is urgent, you may need to seek paid assistance.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

From: KARL DEWEY on
You need at least two tables. One with personal details, having the 'Unique
ID' as primary key field.
Then additional tables for the course details and expenditure details.
These table(s) would use a foreign key linked to the primary key of the
people table. The relationship would be a one-to-many from people to details.
You may have this type relationship --
People
Course - Expenses
Or
People
Course
Expenses

If as above then Course would also have a primary key field and Expenses
have a related foreign field.

Then you would use form/subform with Master/Child link set to the
primary/foreign key fields.

The subform need not show the foreign key field as it will be automatically
populate when you add a new record in the subform.

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: sweetummy on
hi jeff boyce,

I'm sorry i will respect the forum policies and i never use "SOON"..
sorry folks..
you are giving us valuable suggestions on access really we are so
blessed..

have a great day..