From: Carlos Mennens on
How can I force Debian to use a custom colored PS1 I have defined
under /root/.bashrc for all new users I create with 'useradd' or
'adduser'? Is there somewhere I can modify this like in /etc/profile?
Can someone just let me know what the correct process would be for Debian.

Thank you for any assistance!

Carlos Mennens wrote:
> How can I force Debian to use a custom colored PS1 I have defined
> under /root/.bashrc for all new users I create with 'useradd' or
> 'adduser'? Is there somewhere I can modify this like in /etc/profile?
> Can someone just let me know what the correct process would be for Debian.

The useradd (and the higher level friendlier adduser) commands use
/etc/skel/ for the templates. Files there are copied to the home
directory of the newly created user.

Bob