From: OG on

"Anthony R. Gold" <not-for-mail(a)ahjg.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is anyone using one of the subject devices? I just bought one and I can
> not
> get it to connect with my VF TopUp and Go Mobile Broadband SIM.
>
> I see that the "Configure Profile Settings" page of the device's Admin web
> server shows a Profile Name of "3UK" with a static APN of "3internet" and
> all
> of the fields on that page are greyed out and not changeable.
>
> Can anyone with experience of this model of device confirm or deny whether
> these symptoms indicate that my device has not been unlocked?

I can't say about unlocked ones, but I know that when I bought mine from 3
back in January, they had sent out new SIM cards to go with them, there
being a problem with the original SIMs they were supplied with.

A great device though

From: OG on

"Anthony R. Gold" <not-for-mail(a)ahjg.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is anyone using one of the subject devices? I just bought one and I can
> not
> get it to connect with my VF TopUp and Go Mobile Broadband SIM.
>
> I see that the "Configure Profile Settings" page of the device's Admin web
> server shows a Profile Name of "3UK" with a static APN of "3internet" and
> all
> of the fields on that page are greyed out and not changeable.

> Can anyone with experience of this model of device confirm or deny whether
> these symptoms indicate that my device has not been unlocked?
>
> Is there anything I can do about this (except return the device to
> seller)?

Have you tried creating a new profile?
In the 3 WiFi Manager, select Tools | Options | Profile manager. Click the
New button and see what the options are.

From: Alan on

"Anthony R. Gold" <not-for-mail(a)ahjg.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is anyone using one of the subject devices? I just bought one and I can
> not
> get it to connect with my VF TopUp and Go Mobile Broadband SIM.
>
> I see that the "Configure Profile Settings" page of the device's Admin web
> server shows a Profile Name of "3UK" with a static APN of "3internet" and
> all
> of the fields on that page are greyed out and not changeable.
>
> Can anyone with experience of this model of device confirm or deny whether
> these symptoms indicate that my device has not been unlocked?
>
> Is there anything I can do about this (except return the device to
> seller)?
>
> Tony

Sounds like it might still be locked.

If you connect it via the USB cable and run the "3 WiFi Manager" it
should complain with an "invalid sim card" message.

If you google for "Huawei E583X is supported?", you will find a program on
a well known unlocking site that can check it.

It also might show up as "umlocked" if you leave the original Three sim card
in it, so use the vodafone card instead,

If it is unlocked and it's the original "TopUp and Go" package, (1Gbyte, No
expiry) you can run the "3 WiFi Manager" to set up a new profile for
vodafone in the "Tools/Options/Profile Management" admin page with "Static"
selected and "pp.internet" as the APN and *99# as the "Dial-up number".

Hope this helps

Alan

Pages: 1
Prev: Replacement screen for N97