Prev: iphone app needed
Next: test
From: Grant on
tech-pro.net wrote:
> Is there anything I should be aware of before taking up this offer:

Looks dodgy beyond belief tbh - I wouldn't touch it with your bargepole.

YMMV.

From: Andy Burns on
On 06/10/09 09:38, Grant wrote:

> tech-pro.net wrote:
>> Is there anything I should be aware of before taking up this offer:
>
> Looks dodgy beyond belief tbh

agree it /looks/ dodgy, but this seems to be the company involved

http://www.dynamactrade.com/

From: Grant on
Andy Burns wrote:

> agree it /looks/ dodgy, but this seems to be the company involved
>
> http://www.dynamactrade.com/

"Ireland's #1 Independant" doesn't exactly inspire confidence either :-)

BTW, how did you link the two? The original domain whois led to a private
individual's .co.uk IIRC.

From: tech-pro.net on
On 6 Oct, 16:57, "The dog from that film you saw"
<d...(a)removethisbitbtinternet.com> wrote:

> pretty sure play.com sells unlocked iphones - i'd wager they were more
> trustworthy than the above.

And for 600 quid so they should be. There's an eBay seller in Hong
Kong selling a black 3G 16GB for £383.50 + £7 shipping. If you Google
"sim free iphone" then there is also an ad from an outfit called
Gcomltd.co.uk offering unlocked 3Gs for £399.

This offer is so much cheaper than anything else it does look too good
to be true, but if a lot of people get ripped off, PayPal will just
freeze their account, surely? Of course, they might propose some other
dodgy method of payment, in which case it could be an elaborate
phishing attempt.
From: Harry Stottle on
"tech-pro.net" <spambucket(a)tech-pro.co.uk> wrote in message

This offer is so much cheaper than anything else it does look too good
to be true, but if a lot of people get ripped off, PayPal will just
freeze their account, surely?

The trouble is, if everyone has to pay on the same day, and an expected
delivery time is given as say, 3 weeks after payment, this could give plenty
of time for the money to clear, and be transferred out, before alarm bells
would start ringing if the goods didn't arrive. If it looks too good to be

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: iphone app needed
Next: test