From: Josiah Jenkins on
Some months ago, I'm sure that I was pointed in
the correct direction to rectify this problem but
I was in the process of rectifying several other
problems at the time and now I can't find the
relevant post !!!

There's a horizontal scrollbar appears on all of
my pages . . . how do I get rid of it ?
http://www.ian-stewart.eu/

From memory, it was to do with my page width
settings in 'align.css' (which does validate)

Any help appreciated.
--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu
From: dorayme on
In article <divtr5pcnhcgvsa9ourfr8k5tk2m48olfu(a)4ax.com>,
Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:

> Some months ago, I'm sure that I was pointed in
> the correct direction to rectify this problem but
> I was in the process of rectifying several other
> problems at the time and now I can't find the
> relevant post !!!
>
> There's a horizontal scrollbar appears on all of
> my pages . . . how do I get rid of it ?
> http://www.ian-stewart.eu/
>
> From memory, it was to do with my page width
> settings in 'align.css' (which does validate)
>
> Any help appreciated.

Harder to get rid of scrollbar with

#page { /* Settings for full page width */
width: 75em;

than it is to scalp a white man with one hand.

This is a variation on an old American Indian proverb.

--
dorayme
From: Roy A. on
On 9 apr, 12:28, Josiah Jenkins <josiah-
jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:
> Some months ago, I'm sure that I was pointed in
> the correct direction to rectify this problem but
> I was in the process of rectifying several other
> problems at the time and now I can't find the
> relevant post !!!
>
> There's a horizontal scrollbar appears on all of
> my pages . . . how do I get rid of it ?http://www.ian-stewart.eu/
>
> From memory, it was to do with my page width
> settings in 'align.css' (which does validate)

In php.css you the width of #footer is set to 100%. You also have
paddings set to 1.25em. The total width is then 100% + 2.5em.

To fix the problem, you can set #footer width to 'auto'.
From: Josiah Jenkins on
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 04:34:37 -0700 (PDT), "Roy A."
<royarneskar(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On 9 apr, 12:28, Josiah Jenkins <josiah-
>jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> There's a horizontal scrollbar appears on all of
>> my pages . . . how do I get rid of it ?http://www.ian-stewart.eu/
>
>In php.css you the width of #footer is set to 100%. You also have
>paddings set to 1.25em. The total width is then 100% + 2.5em.
>
>To fix the problem, you can set #footer width to 'auto'.

Thank you for the quick and accurate response.
Problem resolved.

--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu
From: Josiah Jenkins on
On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 21:05:37 +1000, dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au>
wrote:
> Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> There's a horizontal scrollbar appears on all of
>> my pages . . . how do I get rid of it ?
>> http://www.ian-stewart.eu/
>>

>Harder to get rid of scrollbar with
>
>#page { /* Settings for full page width */
> width: 75em;
>
>than it is to scalp a white man with one hand.

Never having tried (even with both hands) I can
only accept the wisdom contained within the
' old American Indian proverb' which you quote.
(is this your cowboy movie watching week ?)

However, Roy A's solution of altering the footer
appears to have done the job.

I know there has been debate (several times)
over defining a page as 'fixed width' v 'fluid'
but, alas, all my attempts to date have resulted
in a 'yeuch' at the appearance.

I've tried an increased width, auto, 100%
and, I think, come to conclusion that I'll
leave it as is.

--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu

Pages: 1