From: gus on
Whenever I start my Windows XP system a couple Notepad windows/files
pop up which I do not want. How do I get rid of them? Thx, Gus
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"gus" <gus_zernial(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I start my Windows XP system a couple Notepad windows/files
> pop up which I do not want. How do I get rid of them? Thx, Gus

Run msconfig.exe, then see what's under the Startup tab.

From: gus on
> Run msconfig.exe, then see what's under the Startup tab.

I did that and I can't spot anything that looks liike the problem.
(Notepad is not set to start automatically.)

Is it possible Windows is set somehow to go back to a saved desktop
config?

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

>> Run msconfig.exe, then see what's under the Startup tab.
>
> I did that and I can't spot anything that looks liike the problem.
> (Notepad is not set to start automatically.)
>
> Is it possible Windows is set somehow to go back to a saved desktop
> config?

- Does the problem persist when you boot into Safe Mode?
- Can you create a screen snapshot and upload it to www.skydrive.com?

From: Terry R. on
On 3/28/2010 5:20 AM On a whim, gus pounded out on the keyboard

> Whenever I start my Windows XP system a couple Notepad windows/files
> pop up which I do not want. How do I get rid of them? Thx, Gus

Hi Gus,

Is this what you are experiencing?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330132

Terry R.