From: Steve_Karl on
Well ... some good news is that disconnecting the ribbon cable that goes to the display,
forces the video in DOS and the BIOS to the external monitor.
Before disconnecting the cable I could only get external monitor after XP loaded.

The only bad news is that the wireless antenna is in the frame around the LCD.
If it wasn't ... I'd just remove the top and have a halftop computer. :-P

sk

From: kitekrazy on
On 2/24/2010 10:25 AM, Steve_Karl wrote:
> Well ... some good news is that disconnecting the ribbon cable that goes to the display,
> forces the video in DOS and the BIOS to the external monitor.
> Before disconnecting the cable I could only get external monitor after XP loaded.
>
> The only bad news is that the wireless antenna is in the frame around the LCD.
> If it wasn't ... I'd just remove the top and have a halftop computer. :-P
>
> sk

You must really like that laptop.
From: Steve_Karl on

"kitekrazy" <kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> wrote in message news:hm3kup$g6c$2(a)news.eternal-september.org...
> On 2/24/2010 10:25 AM, Steve_Karl wrote:
>> Well ... some good news is that disconnecting the ribbon cable that goes to the display,
>> forces the video in DOS and the BIOS to the external monitor.
>> Before disconnecting the cable I could only get external monitor after XP loaded.
>>
>> The only bad news is that the wireless antenna is in the frame around the LCD.
>> If it wasn't ... I'd just remove the top and have a halftop computer. :-P
>>
>> sk
>>

> You must really like that laptop.

Well ... a free pc is a free pc. :-) ( some one gave it to me )
and with 2GB of ram is really runs nice.

From: Steve_Karl on

"Ben Goldman" <BenGoldmanREMOVE(a)centurytel.net> wrote in message news:xn0gqryb11dwthm001SUYMF(a)news.nw.centurytel.net...
> Steve_Karl wrote:
>
>> Well ... some good news is that disconnecting the ribbon cable that
>> goes to the display, forces the video in DOS and the BIOS to the
>> external monitor. Before disconnecting the cable I could only get
>> external monitor after XP loaded.
>>
>> The only bad news is that the wireless antenna is in the frame around
>> the LCD. If it wasn't ... I'd just remove the top and have a halftop
>> computer. :-P
>>
>> sk
>
> I hope you re-terminated the ribbon connector to see if that might fix
> it.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Ben