From: Robert on
On Feb 13, 1:13 pm, Zaidy036 <ericNOS...(a)bloch.com> wrote:
> On 2/13/2010 1:18 PM, Robert wrote:

> >> Thank you, Sir, for your kind help.
> >> You are a wealth of knowledge.
> >> I hope, you'll never get tired of contributing to this newsgroup.
> >> I wish you well.
>
> > I've just tried this to stop the update notification, but the
> > instruction "...you can click on a URL in a new message..."  is
> > confusing to me; how is this actually done?
>
> > Thanks for any help with this...
>
> > Robert Yorke
>
> Simple way is to just click on the <X-Eudora-Option ....  above

Do you mean just click onto "<X-Eudora-Option:DontShowUpdates>" once
it's been typed into the body of a new message?
From: Robert on
On Feb 13, 5:06 pm, Robert <york...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 1:13 pm, Zaidy036 <ericNOS...(a)bloch.com> wrote:

> > > I've just tried this to stop the update notification, but the
> > > instruction "...you can click on a URL in a new message..."  is
> > > confusing to me; how is this actually done?
>
> > > Thanks for any help with this...
>
> > > Robert Yorke
>
> > Simple way is to just click on the <X-Eudora-Option ....  above
>
> Do you mean just click onto "<X-Eudora-Option:DontShowUpdates>" once
> it's been typed into the body of a new message?

I was able to do it finally; when I had typed the statement into the
body of a new message, it did NOT show up as a URL!

It was only when I copied & pasted it in, that it did show up as a
URL...

A little weird, but I got it done...I'm really sure I made no errors
in typing it in....

Robert
From: John H Meyers on
On 2/13/2010 7:59 PM, Robert wrote:

> It was only when I copied & pasted in [an X-Eudora-Option link]
> that it did show up as a URL

The instructions did say to copy and paste it in,
but if you manually type any URL, you should also find
that Eudora will wait until a terminal "newline" is typed,
before prematurely considering it to be completed.

From: Zaidy036 on
On 2/13/2010 8:06 PM, Robert wrote:
> On Feb 13, 1:13 pm, Zaidy036<ericNOS...(a)bloch.com> wrote:

>>> I've just tried this to stop the update notification, but the
>>> instruction "...you can click on a URL in a new message..." is
>>> confusing to me; how is this actually done?
>>
>>> Thanks for any help with this...
>>
>>> Robert Yorke
>>
>> Simple way is to just click on the<X-Eudora-Option .... above
>
> Do you mean just click onto "<X-Eudora-Option:DontShowUpdates>" once
> it's been typed into the body of a new message?

I am using Win 7 64 bit and Eudora 7.1.0.9

Eudora was running and all I did was click on the original entry
<X-Eudora-Option:DontShowUpdates=1> in Robert's post (which was clickable)
and a "Launch Application" message box for Eudora opened where I clicked
"OK"
and then a "Change Option" box opened in Eudora showing what was to happen.

In fact you could do it now and the "Change Option" should be from "1"
to "1" if it completed before.

Eric

From: Robert on
On Feb 13, 6:18 pm, John H Meyers <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> On 2/13/2010 7:59 PM, Robert wrote:
>
> > It was only when I copied & pasted in [an X-Eudora-Option link]
> > that it did show up as a URL
>
> The instructions did say to copy and paste it in,
> but if you manually type any URL, you should also find
> that Eudora will wait until a terminal "newline" is typed,
> before prematurely considering it to be completed.
>
> --

John:

That is exactly what I was doing wrong; in my haste to do it to it, I
simply didn't hit "enter"....

Thanks!

Robert
First  |  Prev  |